Table of Contents
Dial +1-888-362-0111 if you are facing any email issues
In this article, you can find out all about the process to setup Gmail in outlook 2010. What if we tell you that Microsoft users have the opportunity to check all their email inboxes from just one program, thus making your professional life a lot easier and organized? It is possible to add up to 20 different kinds of email accounts to your outlook.
For those who do not understand the use of the platform much, outlook is an information managing program whose main function is to handle emails accounts. Users can also employ this program for managing everyday tasks, contacts, note taking, journals and logs along with browsing the web.
If you’ve successfully configured Gmail for Outlook 2010, but not receiving any mails on Gmail, then you can check Why am I not receiving Mails on Gmail?
Methods to add Gmail in Outlook 2010
We have presented a guide below that will help user understand each and every step for the setup Gmail in outlook 2010 process:
- Sign into the Gmail account and go to the settings on the left hand side panel.
- You should be able to find the POP tab from the forwarding option. Enable it and save changes.
- Open outlook, and click on file and proceed to account settings.
- Click on the option for adding an account.
- The user can then enter details of the account to be added such as, name, password and email address.
- The program will take a quick second to configure the details entered.
- Once everything is verified and the server responds, the account will successfully be linked and the user can begin using it.
- Visit the automatic account setup and open the manual configuration option from the server settings.
- Choose the internet email option and open IMAP which is used to send and receive messages.
- Since this is the manual method, you will have to enter the details yourself. This will include information such as – account type, incoming and outgoing mail server.
- After entering the details given above, click on next.
- A tab called the settings screen will open up and the user will have to click on the outgoing tab from there.
- Authenticate the SMTP and click on the radio button.
- Go to the advanced tab and double check some information like the incoming server and its encrypted connection, outgoing server and its encrypted connection.
- Make sure that the information entered earlier was correct by testing it out.
- This above mentioned test can be conducted via the test account settings.
- Once the tasks are completed, save the changes and close the program.
- Finally, you should receive a congratulatory message, confirming that you can start using the email account.
Benefits to configure Gmail in outlook 2010
Here are some benefits to setup Gmail in outlook 2010 and letting it manage your mails:
- It provides an efficient management and organization for all your mails.
- It performs tasks quickly and easily due to the direct commands from the keyboard.
- It has several
- It is the perfect system to use for efficiency in professional spaces.
If you are having any difficulty with the setup Gmail in outlook 2010 process, contact the customer service via calls or the official support website.
Some related queries:
- [Fixed] How to resolve Yahoo mail not loading issue?
- How to fix Yahoo mail contact list problems?
- Why you can’t login into Yahoo Mail? [Full solution]
- AOL mail not receiving emails and How to fix it?
- AOL Mail change password [AOL Guide]
- How to resolve Http error 504 AOL mail error?
- How to resolve AOL Mail on Mac not working?
- (Solved) How to clear mail on mac?