Table of Contents
Dial +1-888-362-0111 if you are facing any email issues
Apple’s product mac makes use of iOS and supports all kinds of email platforms available. It even has its own application called ‘mail’ where users can add accounts of other platforms such as Outlook, Gmail, AOL etc. However, there are occasions that you might see a message saying AOL Mail on Mac not working.
Generally this error is a result of a minor problem that might have occurred during operations. Solving this AOL Mail on Mac not working issue is also very convenient and simple as you can read below.
America online, also more popularly known as AOL is an web service providing company based in America as the name suggests. They were established in the year 2004 and had a takeover a few years ago by Verizon Communications.
Their most famous for having a very easy to use email interface with an unlimited storage capacity. The company’s current headquarters are located in New York City.
Read this articles if you’re facing issue in Setting up AOL account on Mac?
Why does AOL Mail on Mac not working issue occurs?
Generally one of the reasons mentioned below is responsible for the AOL Mail on Mac not working issue. So before you skip on to the troubleshooting procedure read these reasons to find out the exact reason for your problem:
- The first order of business is to check the internet connection if issues in sending and receiving mails are occurring.
- If you have recently been not receiving mails that were scheduled then check the spam folder once to be sure.
- Most of your email issues are going to be revolving either not receiving them or not being able to send them.
- It can also be that you are having issues logging into your email account.
How to fix AOL Mail on Mac not working?
For the AOL Mail on Mac not working problem, there are primarily two solutions and we have listed solutions for both of them below for you to choose from:
- This problem can generally be fixed by reconfiguring the servers once again.
- Login to your email account on your mac and go to the home page.
- There is a mail menu on the top panel that contains an option called preferences, click on it.
- Choose the account you want to select from the accounts tab.
- Look for the server settings and click on it, after which you will be redirected to the mail menu and the servers.
- Verify all the servers and edit any problematic ones from the STMP list.
- Lastly, check the settings once again and save the server changes. After which try to send a dummy mail to check if it works or not.
- One of the main reasons why your mails are not being received could be because the other person is mistyping the email address or has the wrong one. This is an issue which can be solved by a simple phone call to the sender.
- Else, go to the preferences from the menu and then go to account information.
- Click on edit email option from the drop down menu and correct it.
- You can also edit the password and internet preferences from there.
- After making all the necessary changes, login once more and see if your AOL Mail on Mac not working issue has been resolved or not.
Some related articles :
- (Solved) How to clear mail on mac?
- [Fixed] Mail stuck in outbox on Mac? How to fix it?
- [Solved] How to setup AOL outgoing mail server on Mac?
- Roadrunner technical support number | Call @ +1-888-362-0111
- What are the steps for Mac mail setup?
- [Solved] How to recover deleted mails from yahoo mail?
- How to delete mail app on mac?
- Setting up AOL account on Mac [Complete guide]