Table of Contents
Have you ever missed a meeting or important appointments because of the inadequacies of your email outbox? In case of deadlines, sometimes we can be assured and happy after sending that important email, only to find out later that it was never sent out. If you have any of Apple’s laptop device, then here’s what you can do about Mac mail stuck in outbox.
Why does Mac mail stuck in outbox?
There can be many different causes, as to why your mail gets stuck, such as:
- It could be due to some problematic settings, that your sent mail is being sent to the outbox.
- It can also be because of poor internet connection, which leads to Gmail going offline.
- It is a very likely occurrence if the email contains a very big attachment with it.
How to troubleshoot Mac mail stuck in outbox?
Before moving on to the bigger methods involving several different steps, we have listed some small things you should check first to solve the mac mail stuck in outbox problem:
- Check the strength and connectivity of your internet network.
- Double check your password, enter both your id and password one more time and see if the issue has been solved or not.
- Try to resend the mail from the outbox itself after checking if it’s online or not.
- Reduce the size of your attachment if possible, or chop it in parts and then send again.
- Clear all the useless cache that maybe in your email account.
Here are some other solutions for your mac mail stuck in outbox:
Fix the internet
- To solve connectivity issues on your mac, go to the system preferences.
- There you will find a network icon.
- The light on your router should be green and not red.
- If you see red, you should configure the right ports and address, which should fix the network.
- Go to the menu and find system preferences.
- Select the network, currently in use.
- Go to the advanced option of your connection.
- There you will find a DNS option, containing the list of all the servers.
- Use the address 18.104.22.168 for your Google DNS.
Advanced Network Care
If changing up the DNS settings did not help your mac mail stuck in outbox, the try this method:
- This ANC tool is a feature which is used to solve any network related issues.
- Run this program and it will help in fixing your internet and even aid in speeding up the connection for certain apps.
Stop and start the application
- Press three keys simultaneously, i.e. option, command and esc.
- From the window that pops up you will find a button to force stop the application.
- After clicking on it, check if the problem still persists.
Examine the server settings
- From your mail, go to the preferences option.
- Select the account you wish to change.
- Edit the server list from the outgoing account menu of your servers.
- Double check all the entered information and then save it all and you will see that the Mac mail stuck in outbox has been fixed.
Related articles :